Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another piece of progress

Today's menu consisted of lots of fabric, hot glue, and staples --provided by my friend, the electric staple gun. (Insert Tim Allen's Home Improvement man-bark here!)



I started out by recovering a bulletin board in my son's room. Super simple, quick fix for an outgrown memo board. One thin layer of batting, wrap it in fabric, add a few little details, and done!



I thought the nails and hooks were very masculine!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Then I tackled some wall art for sister's room. This time I covered three 16x20 canvases with fabric, attached fabric letters, and embellished with scrappy flowers and buttons.



I'm very pleased with the outcome.



Mostly because I love this fabric soooo much! I really don't think I could dislike anything made with this.



It's going to be a sad day when I either 1) run out of fabric



or 2) run out of walls/windows/pillows/thingies to cover with it.



Oh, and I finally am starting to figure out the manual settings on my DSLR! I've been trying to learn myself, because that's how I roll, but until today it didn't really click. My kids' rooms are hard, because the lighting is bad but I'm finally getting it! Excited!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...